Flash floods that hit most of Gamia on July 30 and 31 and on August 5 and 6, 2022, have been the worst that have hit the country in nearly half a century. The worst affected were the West Coast Region, North Bank Region, and the Greater Banjul Area.
The floods affected a total of 37 104 people, including 7 843 children between zero and five years old, and 2 446 pregnant and breastfeeding women.
...article continued below
NEW Trump 'Funny Money' Will Drive Liberals Crazy!
There's nothing liberals like to do more than complain about President Trump! One way to drive them crazy is to wave this NEW Trump "Funny Money" in their face!
This unique limited time collectible is a great way to commemorate the historic presidency of Donald Trump while also driving the libs in your life crazy...
These high quality replicas make the perfect gift for any Trump supporter.
For a very limited time, the good folks at Patriot Powered Products are giving these away in a nationwide promotion.
You can claim your FREE Trump buck right now by going here.
Don't procrastinate though...these will be gone in no time!
According to the analysis of satellite images conducted by the World Food Programme and the European Joint Research Center, 48 127 ha (118 924 acres) of land have been flooded, of which 67 ha (165 acres) are cultivated areas.1
Floods that hit the country in late July claimed the lives of at least 2 people and severely affected 230 households.2
According to the Gambia’s Department of Water Resources, the country experienced its highest rainfall since 1998 between July 30 and 31, when it rained continuously for 20 hours.
During this time, Banjul International Airport recorded 276 mm (10.8 inches) of rainfall.
1 The Gambia – Floods, update (DG ECHO, WFP, DG JRC, IFRC) – August 12, 2022
2 The Gambia – Floods Leave Homes and Roads Damaged, Two Fatalities Reported – FloodList – August 3, 2022
Featured image credit: alhagiemanka (stillshot)
If you value what we do here, create your ad-free account and support our journalism.
- Widespread floods hit Malaysia after more than a month’s worth of rain in 1 day Monday, December 20, 2021
- Widespread flooding after a year’s worth of rain in just three days, South Australia Monday, January 24, 2022
- Widespread damage after Storm Emellinde hits Germany Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Violent tornado outbreak hits U.S. South and Midwest, leaving up to 100 people dead Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Violent storms hit Egypt, triggering deadly scorpion infestation Monday, November 15, 2021
- Violent storm hits Stromboli, covering streets and homes in tons of mud Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Violent M7.2 earthquake hits Haiti, causing widespread damage and leaving thousands dead and injured Saturday, August 14, 2021
- Very strong and shallow M7.0 earthquake hits near Acapulco, Mexico Wednesday, September 8, 2021
- Very dangerous Tropical Cyclone “Gombe” to make landfall over Mozambique Thursday, March 10, 2022
- Very bright daylight meteor over New Zealand, loud boom reported Thursday, July 7, 2022
- Unusually powerful Subtropical Storm “Yakecan” hits Uruguay and Brazil Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Unseasonal heavy rainfall leaves 88 people dead in Nepal, 31 others missing Wednesday, October 20, 2021